Our horticultural staff garden with many species of plants and, over the years, have gained unique insights into which plants work well in our area, even under difficult conditions. After narrowing down their favorites to a list, testing them in the Arboretum as well as field trials throughout the state, they picked these 100, hence the name, “Arboretum All-Stars.”
- Use the All-Stars database to find the right plants for your garden
- Download the All-Stars brochure.
- Use the All-Stars planting plan from the landscape outside the west fence of the Arboretum Teaching Nursery as an inspiration for your home garden
- Browse through a list of the 100 UC Davis Arboretum All-Stars
- Learn about All-Stars irrigation and climate zone trials
See Arboretum All-Stars in the gardens
Look for beautiful, brightly-colored signs identifying the All-Stars at the UC Davis Arboretum, each with a photo of the plant in bloom, a list of its outstanding features, and information about how to grow it. Also look for metal plant labels with the All-Stars logo.
Purchase Arboretum All-Stars
Grow Arboretum All-Stars
- Download information on how to plant and care for your Arboretum All-Stars