Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) | Microsoft Excel (.xlsx)
New!! See photos, search, sort by plant type, and more!
Try using our online Airtable inventory!
Member Appreciation Plant Sales
During nursery construction and as we work our way back to pre-pandemic operations, this spring's plant sales focus on thanking our loyal Friends members.
Location: Arboretum Teaching Nursery
(across from Vet Med)
- Members-only: Sat., Apr. 9
9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Members-only: Sat., Apr. 30
9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Current members receive 10% off their plant sale purchases in addition to receiving a free plant as a member appreciation gift.
In addition, new members also receive a $10 off plant sale coupon as a thank you for joining!
Not a member? No problem!
Learn more and join today!
Thank you to both our Friends members and community customers who, over the last two years, supported our plant sales as they moved online due to the pandemic. During this time the Arboretum Teaching Nursery transitioned from a location designed for seasonal public plant sale events, to a pick-and-pull warehouse, prepped for fulfilling hundreds upon hundreds of orders.
We are incredibly grateful for your willingness to put your trust in us and dive in. Together we adapted to a new process, so we could continue providing the attractive, low-water, region-appropriate plants our community has come to expect and you could provide their forever homes!
Today, the nursery is transitioning again!
It's under construction!
A large portion of the Arboretum Teaching Nursery is currently allocated to building the Elizabeth Mary Wolf Environmental Learning Center, a new education space that will offer expanded opportunities for community engagement thanks to its indoor-outdoor multi-purpose room.
Plant Sale Sponsor
Thank you to our Plant Sale Sponsor Yolo Federal Credit Union.
The Spring Plan
In-person plant sales are back for members (and online sales are on hiatus)!
With COVID restrictions easing and our nursery team adjusting to navigating the temporary construction zone, we are taking this season to focus on thanking our loyal Friends members, whose support has kept us going strong for more than half a century. For these reasons, both spring sales will be member appreciation sales.
Please join us in being COVID safe at this event. We encourage participants to wear face coverings where physical distancing is not possible.
In-Person, Member Appreciation Plant Sales
Location: Arboretum Teaching Nursery
- Members-only: Sat., Apr. 9 from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Members-only: Sat., Apr. 30 from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Current and new Friends members are invited to shop and take advantage of an additional thank you gift (a free plant coupon) to present at check out on either date and that is in addition to receiving 10% off their plant sale purchases. (New members receive an additional $10 off plant coupon as a thank you for joining.) Member benefits include plant sale discounts, discounts at partner nurseries and retailers, free entry to gardens and museums nationwide and more!
Not a member? Join today!
Have questions? Browse the FAQs below or contact us at email@example.com.
- Why are the spring plant sales only open to members?
- There are a number of reasons we thought it best to make our spring plant sales open to members only.
Gratitude. We want to thank our Friends members for supporting us for the better part of a century and through the current pandemic. Not to mention, back in spring of 2020, our member appreciation sale was canceled, so this year we're offering two!
Volunteer staffing. We have not yet rebounded to the same level of volunteer staffing that we had pre-pandemic. While many volunteers have returned, we understand that some do not yet feel comfortable being in group settings. We expect our volunteer ranks to continue to grow over the next few months as evidenced by a robust cohort going through new volunteer training now!
Space restrictions and construction impacts. As you read above, our Arboretum Teaching Nursery is now under construction. This limits the space we have for physical distancing so reducing the number of people in the nursery will provide more comfort and safety for everyone.
- How can I shop at the in-person plant sales this spring?
- All members of the Friends of the UC Davis Arboretum and Public Garden are invited to shop the in-person plant sales this spring. If you are not currently a Friends member, we invite you to join. Sign up now! Current members of the Davis Botanical Society are also invited and welcome to shop the spring plant sales.
- What does it mean that these are "Member Appreciation" plant sales?
- Traditionally, the first sale of each spring season is when we celebrate and thank our Friends members with a special gift -- a free plant coupon. This year, both spring sales will be members only. All current and new Friends members will receive a free plant coupon they can use on either April 9 or April 30. In addition, new members receive an additional $10 off plant sale coupon as a thank you for joining.
- Why aren't you hosting online plant sales this spring?
- We know our members were clamoring for us to return to in-person sales. We heard you! In addition, we don't currently have the technology, or the resources, to manage both in-person and online sales simultaneously. (We're working to make that possible in the future.) Also, due to construction, we don't have the space required for prepping online orders for curbside pickup this spring.
- Are you going to resume online plant sales in the future?
- We know the online sales were popular with many customers and are considering ways to bring online sales back in the future on a more limited basis.
More About Plant Sales
Our community support group — the Friends of the UC Davis Arboretum and Public Garden — holds plant sale fundraisers offering an incredible selection of attractive, low-water, easy-care plants perfect for our region. These sales are held several times a year as large-scale, festival-style events at the Arboretum Teaching Nursery. Watch for the latest information here and in our digital newsletter.
Most of these plants we offer at these sales are grown on site, including the Arboretum All-Stars — our top recommended plants for Central Valley gardens. Our nursery staff, in addition to dozens of students and volunteers, propagate and grow the majority of plants we sell.
By shopping these sales, you support the UC Davis Arboretum and Public Garden's environmental leadership programs, the growth of our gardens and collections and the wide variety of free, educational events we offer the public.