If you are converting your lawn to a low-water landscape or are interested in including more environmentally-friendly, easy-care plants in your gardens, these are the sales for you. Your outdoor space will turn heads and buzz with beneficial wildlife with help from our incredible selection of Arboretum All-Stars, California natives, and gorgeous drought-tolerant plants.
Get inspired by local homeowners who have converted their yards to sustainable landscapes.
Life After Lawn: Homeowner Series >
Not a member? JOIN ONLINE HERE.
Friends members save an additional 10% off their plant purchases and new members receive an additional $10 off as a thank you for becoming a member. The benefits of membership far outweigh your cost!
Members of the Davis Botanical Society are also welcome to shop early and save. LEARN MORE
By supporting our plant sales, you help our community and environment thrive. Several times each year, our support group, the Friends of the UC Davis Arboretum, holds plant sales at the Arboretum Teaching Nursery, where our area’s largest selection of attractive, low-water, easy-care, regionally-appropriate plants are offered. Most of these plants are grown on site, including the Arboretum All-Stars — our top recommended plants for Central Valley gardens. Dozens of students and volunteers, in addition to our staff, work hard all year to grow plants to support the Friends largest fundraiser.
We thank you for supporting these sales and hope that you enjoy your shopping experience. Proceeds go to help maintain and grow the Arboretum’s gardens and collections and enable us to offer a wide variety of free public programming.
Arboretum All-Stars The horticultural staff of the UC Davis Arboretum have identified 100 tough, reliable plants that have been tested in the Arboretum, are easy to grow, don’t need a lot of water, have few problems with pests or diseases, and have outstanding qualities in the garden. Many of them are California native plants and support native birds and insects. Most All-Star plants can be successfully planted and grown throughout California.
- Arboretum All-Star webpage
- Use the All-Stars database
- Browse through a list of Arboretum All-Stars
- Download the All-Stars brochure
- Watch an audio slide show about the All-Stars plants
- Learn about All-Stars irrigation and climate zone trials
- Download information on how to plant and care for your Arboretum All-Stars
The Friends of the UC Davis Arboretum and Public Garden rely on dozens of volunteers to make each plant sale a success! Do you have time to volunteer? Please let us know!
REGISTER TO VOLUNTEER
What else you will find . . .
- Plants from the Davis Botanical Society
- Arboretum All-Star demonstration beds
- Arboretum experts and Master Gardeners
- Knowledgeable sales staff to help you choose the best plants for your garden design and conditions
- Free parking
- Purchase loading assistance
- Carts (limited quantities)
- Boxes (while supplies last)